[rabbitmq-discuss] [SOS] About how to send HTTP request to MQ server using JSON-PRC from mobile devices

Jerry Kuch jerryk at rbcon.com
Tue Dec 4 19:18:29 GMT 2012

Hi, Chenglin:

Although I'm not totally sure what your goals are (and it might be helpful
to learn more!), you likely have a couple of options to look at for doing
what you seem to want to do.

First off, there's probably no reason for you to worry about implementing
HTTP yourself... :-)

For libraries you can use from mobile clients, your options are likely:

1) On Android:  You can make use of our regular Java client, as various
folks have.  One has documented his experiences in this blog post:
http://simonwdixon.wordpress.com/2011/06/03/getting-started-with-rabbitmq-on-android-part-1/

2) On iPhone/iOS:  Here, without Java, you're going to be working in
Objective C, so I'd suggest you look at the RabbitMQ C library, which you
can find on GitHub at:  https://github.com/rabbitmq/rabbitmq-c  I'm starting
to work on something using it now, and it's reasonably straightforward to
get it building in Xcode.  Should you pursue this route and have trouble,
pay us a visit again on the mailing list and we can try and get you back on
course.

If you're wanting to expose messaging to web browsers, you ought to look at
the RabbitMQ Web-STOMP plugin.  It implements the STOMP protocol (Steaming
Text Oriented Message), which gives you an interoperable wire format that
lets a STOMP client talk to RabbitMQ, with STOMP exposed through WebSockets.
This is Rabbit's contemporary answer to exposing messaging to things running
in web browsers and you can read more here:
http://www.rabbitmq.com/blog/2012/05/14/introducing-rabbitmq-web-stomp/

It's bundled in the just released RabbitMQ 3.0 by default, so you should
find it fairly easy to start experimenting with.

Best regards,
Jerry