[rabbitmq-discuss] What purpose do the default exchanges in a vhost serve?

Alvaro Videla videlalvaro at gmail.com
Tue Dec 4 11:30:56 GMT 2012

Hi,

The amq.* exchanges are dictated by the AMQP spec.

The unnamed exchange can be used in your app with various purposes. For
example: every queue gets bound to the "anon" exchange using the queue name
as routing key.  That means you can send a message directly to a queue by
doing:

channel.publish(msg, '', 'queue-name')

That's quite useful in RPC scenarios, or to send messages to anon queues
for example.

Regards,

Alvaro