[rabbitmq-discuss] Latency of publish confirm

Matthias Radestock matthias at rabbitmq.com
Tue Dec 4 09:22:23 GMT 2012

On 04/12/12 08:55, Matthias Radestock wrote:
> I am guessing your messages are marked as persistent. The 25ms is indeed
> an aggregation interval, but for the disk (in particular fsyncs) rather
> than the network.

However, fsyncs also happen when queues and the storage sub-system go
idle, so the interval only kicks in when the system is busy (thus
ensuring that fsyncs aren't delayed indefinitely).

So I am pretty sure what you are seeing is simply the cost of performing
an fsync per message. There's nothing that can be done about that except
buying faster disks / switching to SSDs.

Regards,

Matthias.