[rabbitmq-discuss] Possible disconnected queue?

Matthias Radestock matthias at rabbitmq.com
Fri Aug 24 22:48:55 BST 2012

Austin,

On 24/08/12 20:42, Austin Buckner wrote:
> Thanks! Deleting that directory cleared up our issue of having to
> recreate a queue with the same name.

Glad to hear that worked.

> But I agree this has happened once so it will probably happen again.

It's happened more than once - the dir I had mentioned earlier was the
cause of fault on 14th August. So that's at least two faults. I haven't
checked any older sasl logs, but I wouldn't be surprised to find more
instances there.

> The dirs are nfs mounted.

That most likely has something to do with the problem. I am not an NFS
expert, but iirc NFS can depart from POSIX behaviour in some
circumstances; no idea whether this scenario is one of them. Could also
be a buggy nfs implementation. Or perhaps some unusual nfs configuration.

Matthias.