[rabbitmq-discuss] Shovel terminated status

Elizabeth Liao eliao at seegrid.com
Thu Aug 23 15:57:46 BST 2012

Ah I had forgotten to test the reconnect_delay parameter.  Thanks!

As for the unclosed connections, I'm looking under the "Connections" tab in the RabbitMQ Management plugin of the broker that is initiating the 3 shovels with another broker. On the broker that is initiating the connections, 'rabbitmqctl list_connections' does not return any connections and 'rabbitmqctl list_channels' returns the channels associated with the 2 running shovels. 'rabbitmqctl reset' clears the list of unclosed connections listed on the management plugin.

Every time the terminated shovel tries to reconnect, there are 6 (2*# of shovels?) more connections listed under the Connections tab.  It seems to happen (so far) only for the termination reason of "cannot redeclare exchange with different type".  I've tried to terminate shovel by deleting an exchange as well.

Also as a note, I'm testing shovel with the version of RabbitMQ that we use currently and unfortunately can't upgrade at the moment.

Thanks

Liz