[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ management plugin does not display message stats

Matthias Radestock matthias at rabbitmq.com
Thu Aug 23 12:35:08 BST 2012

Dharshan,

On 22/08/12 23:11, Dharshan Rangegowda wrote:
> The rabbitMQ management plugin seems to struggle under load. I have a
> dual core 4GB box with about 8000 connections and a very low message
> load. However the Management plugin website struggles with frequent
> errors.

We have made some improvements to make the management plug-in more
responsive when the server is under load, particularly when there are
lots of connections or queues. These will appear in a future release.

> Another quick observation - I have 8000 virtual hosts and 8000
> connections. Even when I have 0 messages the plugin seems to be very
>  intermittent about displaying data. I wonder if the plugin does not
>  handle these many virtual hosts...

As Emile noted in the other thread, you probably only need one virtual host.

Still, the management plug-in should cope with that many vhosts.

When you say that there are "0 messages" do you mean that there are zero
message in the queues or that there are zero messages flowing in and out
of the system? It's the latter which generates load.

Matthias.