[rabbitmq-discuss] Problem transferring large message

Zabrane Mickael zabrane3 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 22 12:22:23 BST 2012

Hi Emile,

> On 22/08/12 10:34, Zabrane Mickael wrote:
>> I asked this question long time ago and the idea was to break our big messages (~50Mb)
>> in smaller ones (100Kb). Everything was fine after that with the default settings !!!
>
> Fragmenting the message is fine, but the broker does not force you to do this.

You sure about stability?
Sending 50Mb at high rate makes RabbitMQ very unhappy (lot of crashes and messages lost).

One of your guys suggested the idea of splitting the data. And he was right ;-)

> As long as you provide sufficient RAM messages of several hundred megabytes or larger is possible.

That's what we can't afford to have. RAM is limited and we had to deal with millions of very big messages.
Hope this help.

Regards,
Zabrane