[rabbitmq-discuss] Shovel stuck?

Alex Zepeda alex at inferiorhumanorgans.com
Wed Aug 15 17:42:16 BST 2012

On Wed, Aug 15, 2012 at 11:30:45AM +0100, Emile Joubert wrote:

> Are there any log entries in the regular or the sasl log that might help
> to explain this? How long after starting a shovel does this happen? Can
> you reliably reproduce the problem?

Ah, I did, however, copy over some of the log files yesterday.

$ grep -h Reason rabbit\@sensor-9ee2-sasl.log.*  | sort | uniq
     Reason:     badarg
     Reason:     heartbeat_timeout
     Reason:     reached_max_restart_intensity
     Reason:     socket_closed_unexpectedly
     Reason:     {badarg,{gen_server,call,[<0.1482.0>,connect,infinity]}}
     Reason:     {badarg,{gen_server,call,[<0.1486.0>,connect,infinity]}}
     Reason:     {infrastructure_died,{writer,send_failed,badarg}}
     Reason:     {socket_error,einval}
     Reason:     {{badmatch,{error,access_refused}},
     Reason:     {{badmatch,{error,enetunreach}},
     Reason:     {{badmatch,{error,handshake_receive_timed_out}},
     Reason:     {{badmatch,{error,unknown_host}},

The sasl logs are full of supervisor and crash reports. I'd be happy to
provide them to you, with the caveat that they're all pretty large.

- alex