[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ cluster on a single machine, OSX Lion, Homebrew

Gavin M. Roy gmr at meetme.com
Wed Aug 15 15:08:47 BST 2012

On Wed, Aug 15, 2012 at 10:01 AM, Chris Johnson <wchrisjohnson at gmail.com>wrote:

Good catch. I will either file a ticket for
> the homebrew change or just submit a pull request and make the change
> myself.

Update the rabbitmq-env.conf file with the node info you want to use. The
behavior of setting a default host in brew for RabbitMQ came out of a
compromise with the brew formula maintainers who did not want users to have
to use sudo to install RabbitMQ to insure it could start up. I can dig up
the pull request discussion if people are interested.

Gavin