[rabbitmq-discuss] Java Client Error handling: How to detect deleted queue

Matthias Radestock matthias at rabbitmq.com
Fri Aug 10 08:27:58 BST 2012

Till,

On 10/08/12 07:51, Till Hänisch wrote:
> sorry for being not precise: My problem is how the producer finds
> out, that the queue was deleted, not the consumer.

There's the 'mandatory' flag on basic.publish, which will trigger a
basic.return on publish if the message could not be routed to *any* queue.

Or you could issue a passive queue.declare every now and then to check
whether the queue exists.

Neither of these are w/o problems. There was a thread with a similar
question just a few days ago:
http://rabbitmq.1065348.n5.nabble.com/Android-unable-to-open-stack-traces-error-tt20136.html#a21144

Matthias.