[rabbitmq-discuss] request, reply connections and channels

cogitate monish.unni at gmail.com
Mon Aug 6 04:21:25 BST 2012

hi mathias:

#using rabbitmq java client :
  for the sake of concurrency, i use one connection for publish( using a
channel assoc. to that conn.) and another for reply ( use a different
channel assoc. to reply conn.).

i'd like to throw an exception/error when basicPublish is called on a
non-existent exchange [on the broker].
it seems setting mandatory=true, and registering a returnListener on the
channel won't work (since, the connection for req and reply are different )
- which i verified by registering returnListeners(for req/reply channels
associated to the two different connections).

what are my options besides switching to using the same connection for
req/reply? any configuration on the broker that might help will be quite
useful.

# using python client:
not sure why, but it simply works! i don't even set mandatory=true. the pika
client simply doesn't allow me to publish to a non-existent exchange on the
broker.

thanks and regards,
-monish