[rabbitmq-discuss] OSGi and RabbitMQ Service layer

Steve Powell steve at rabbitmq.com
Thu Aug 2 12:05:41 BST 2012

Hi MaBh,

OSGi Ready
The RabbitMQ Java AMQP library jar comes ready with an OSGi manifest (with bundle version and package dependencies correctly set) so it can be deployed in an OSGi environment. This means it is no longer necessary to bundleise or OSGiefy the jar prior to using it in an OSGi container.

This does not mean that it publishes OSGi services.

I believe that, back in 2009, Neil Bartlett did some work[1] towards this end, but that pre-dates the re-packaging of the RabbitMQ Java Client as an OSGi bundle jar, and I don't know of any further work in this area.

Steve Powell  (a happy bunny)
----------yet more definitions from the SPD----------
corrugate (n.) T.V. soap scandal.
olympic (n.) A camp road-digger.
jamboree (n.) A conserve made from French cheese.

[1] https://github.com/njbartlett/rabbitosgi