[rabbitmq-discuss] Decoding header fields

Emile Joubert emile at rabbitmq.com
Wed Aug 1 11:28:11 BST 2012

Hi Bernhard,

On 30/07/12 13:44, Bernhard Mogens Ege wrote:
> I have now looked at the SendMap example and replicated its function in my
> own program, but I still receive header fields as Byte[].
>
> How do I make RabbitMQ decode my header fields to the correct type?

The combination of the SendMap.exe and SingleGet.exe examples show how
arbitrary types of header can be sent and received, and that AMQP types
are mapped to .net types. In particular look at
DumpUtil.DumpProperties() which illustrate how to recognise different types.

If you are still only seeing byte arrays then make sure you aren't
implicitly casting to that type somewhere.

-Emile