[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ in a WCF webservice, model usage and performance

Emile Joubert emile at rabbitmq.com
Wed Aug 1 10:09:05 BST 2012

Hi,

On 31/07/12 12:55, Bigtoe wrote:
> Hi Folks, I have a query about performance and IModel usage in a .NET

> "IModel should not be shared between threads"

Though not recommended, an IModel can be shared. You would need to
synchronise access to it, because you risk framing errors if you
interleave access. All threads will need to be aware of channel-scoped
state (e.g. whether transactions or publisher confirms are in use).

> in RabbitMQ an IModel is actually a socket connection

Many IModel instances may share a connection.

> using a connection pool of IModels between threads.

Pooling is not normally used, because an IModel is cheap to establish.

-Emile