[rabbitmq-discuss] immediate, mandatory flag with no consumers

Emile Joubert emile at rabbitmq.com
Thu Apr 26 17:31:58 BST 2012

Hi,

On 26/04/12 17:17, Monish Unni wrote:
> I do have  a 3 second timeout when consuming messages.
> so what's an appropriate wait time? what would be "long enough" ?

I couldn't possibly say, because it depends partly on the expected
latency. 3s sounds sounds long enough - unless the broker is orbiting
Jupiter.

Something else to check is whether the broker state matches up with your
expectation:

rabbitmqctl list_queues name consumers
rabbitmqctl list_bindings

Also check the broker logfile. The problem is probably closer to the
client side though, since your code worked for me.

-Emile