[rabbitmq-discuss] AMQP 1.0 Support

Daniel Marques dan.j.marques at gmail.com
Thu Apr 19 23:49:58 BST 2012

Hello.

(Absolute AMQP and RabbitMQ newbie here, so please point to the appropriate
place for this discussion if this is not it.)

We're about to embark on a new project, and am considering AMQP for it.
 We're hoping to unify at least 4 different messaging/communication
systems, and replace them with a single enterprise-wide message bus.  As we
have apps in at least 3 languages, on 2 OSs, and would like remain
vendor-independent, AMQP sounds like a good fit.  RabbitMQ seems like a
great implementation for our needs.

However, I'm concerned about the lack of a current AMQP 1.0 implementation
in RabbitMQ - I would hate to write the software using 0.9 and have to
rewrite it to support 1.0 once an implementation became available.  If
other vendors implement 1.0, it is not clear that will keep support for 0.9
around, in which case I would not see the benefit of vendor independence.

I guess I was just curious as to RabbitMQ's plans to implement (or not) 1.0
and what that timeline looked like.  I'd be also curious to hear how hard
it would be to convert an application from 0.9 to 1.0.

Thanks for your help.

Dan