[rabbitmq-discuss] Install RabbitMQ In CentOs6.2

Emile Joubert emile at rabbitmq.com
Thu Apr 19 10:38:09 BST 2012

Hi,

On 19/04/12 07:30, Hard get up wrote:
>      I got a error when install rabbitmq in centos6.2(64bit):
>            Error description:
>           {could_not_start_tcp_listener,{"192.168.65.235",5672}}
>      or
>          Error description:
>           {could_not_start_tcp_listener,{"::: ",5672}}
>
>  I don't konw if the centos6.2 is not a supported platforms ?

CentOS is certainly a supported platform.

This problem appears network-related. Is this part of a longer
stacktrace? If so can you provide the complete error, including
everything the appears on the console and the broker logfile.

Can you also provide the complete /etc/rabbitmq/rabbitmq.config file?

Do you get the same error if you configure the broker to listen on
localhost / 127.0.0.1?

Can other applications bind to port 5672?
Does "netcat -l 192.168.65.235 5672" produce an error?

Is the rabbitmq account (or the account running the broker) subject to
any unusual restrictions?

-Emile