[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ .NET Client - QueueBind Slow & Synchronous

Emile Joubert emile at rabbitmq.com
Tue Apr 17 14:05:24 BST 2012

Hi Ryan,

On 17/04/12 13:52, Ryan Gunn wrote:
> Should it take 6-8 seconds to subscribe to 170 routing keys?

Network latency will be a bit factor. It is entirely possible to wait
this long on a slow network.

> Will you be able to add an asynchronous call for QueueBind to the
> RabbitMQ Client API? (I don’t know if this is the right place to ask for
> such requests)

The bind method can be invoked without waiting for the server reply if
you set the "nowait" parameter. That should speed up rebinding, at the
cost of deferred error reporting.

See the description of "no-wait":
http://www.rabbitmq.com/amqp-0-9-1-reference.html#domains

-Emile