[rabbitmq-discuss] STOMP instalation on Ubuntu

m.luchak at smartasking.com m.luchak at smartasking.com
Mon Apr 16 15:12:29 BST 2012

Hi All,

I am having difficulty instaling STOMP on Ubuntu and was wondering if anyone could point me to a good tutorial.  I am unable to run the rabbitmq-plugins commands (commands not found) and have read conflicting reports of whether rabbitmq-plugins activate is still a valid command.

Any help greatly appreciated.  BTW, while I'm asking... ;)  I am installing STOMP to resolve the situation where a consumer is not active for a topic exchange when a producer publishes.  I understand that with STOMP the consumer will be able to receive messages when they become active.  If there is another way (using topic exchanges), or if this is not a soloution, then I would love to hear suggestions..

thanks very much,
Matthew