[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ client behind firewall

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Thu Apr 12 16:57:34 BST 2012

Hi Erich. Please keep rabbitmq-discuss on cc.

On 12/04/12 16:53, Erich Eichinger wrote:
> the protocol is actually irrelevant, but my clients sit behind a firewall
> that doesn't allow any incoming connections

That should be fine though, assuming your firewall allows outgoing
connections. In AMQP as with most other protocols clients initiate
connections to servers and not the other way around.

Are you actually experiencing a connectivity problem?

Cheers, Simon

--
Simon MacMullen
RabbitMQ, VMware