[rabbitmq-discuss] Configuration Change Makes RabbitMQ Start Hang

Adam Tauno Williams awilliam at whitemice.org
Wed Apr 11 11:17:20 BST 2012

My RabbitMQ node is working perfectly.

But I want RabbitMQ on my testing host to only listen on localhost.  I
can do that for Rabbit but the erlang kernel seems to always listen on
all interfaces

So I found that I can theoretically add -

{kernel,[{inet_dist_use_interface,{127,0,0,1}}]}

 - to my /etc/rabbitmq/rabbitmq.conf.  But once I do that starting
RabbitMQ just hangs. startup_err remains empty.

What is the correct way to control the interfaces used?