[rabbitmq-discuss] private exchange name generation

Matthew Sackman matthew at rabbitmq.com
Mon Apr 9 14:04:41 BST 2012

On Mon, Apr 09, 2012 at 01:24:20PM +0400, Matwey V.  Kornilov wrote:
> I am going to use some exchange-to-exchange bindings. And I need private
> exchange with name auto-generated. Can RabbitMQ handle this for me? or
> should I generate exchange name by myself.

Sadly, whilst the "empty queue name" does result in creation of a new
queue with a random name (or refers to the most recently declared
queue), the "empty exchange name" refers to the "default exchange". Yay
for consistency.

You'll need to do a guid generation step in the client I'm afraid to
name the exchange.

Matthew