[rabbitmq-discuss] Client connection to ssl rabbitMQ is very slow

Carl Hörberg carl.hoerberg at gmail.com
Thu Apr 5 08:10:15 BST 2012

the DHE key exchange algorithm  is very computational intensive, so
make sure you disable it (http://matt.io/entry/ur)

this config allows only the AES 128 chiper with RSA (and not DHE) as
key exchange and SHA as hash algoritm (md5 is somewhat weaker but
faster):

{ssl_options, [{cacertfile,"/etc/rabbitmq/ca.pem"},
                    {certfile,"/etc/rabbitmq/cert.pem"},
                    {ciphers,[{rsa,aes_128_cbc,sha}]}]}

for all options, see http://www.erlang.org/doc/man/ssl.html, as Emile said.