[rabbitmq-discuss] Upgrade 2.7.1 RabbitMQ cluster to 2.8.1 version

Matthias Radestock matthias at rabbitmq.com
Wed Apr 4 07:44:31 BST 2012

Roshan,

On 02/04/12 08:01, Codevally wrote:
> Currently we don't have any load-balancer installed and all the
> operations are hardcoded.

In that case, as Brendan said ...

> On Monday, April 2, 2012 2:35:11 PM UTC+10, Brendan Hay wrote:
>     I would suggest you provision a _new_ physical cluster running 2.8.1
>     side by side with your old cluster, and then incrementally move
>     producers/consumers over.

...though if your apps have the broker addresses hard-coded then you'll
have to employ some DNS or even IP trickery to make the switch to the
new cluster.

Longer term you may want to look at connecting a set of brokers via
federation of shovel; you'd then be able to upgrade the individual
brokers independently. Though whether employing federation/shovel is
feasible very much depends on your app.

Matthias.