[rabbitmq-discuss] Number of connections and memory usage

Matthias Radestock matthias at rabbitmq.com
Fri Sep 30 07:32:53 BST 2011

Raphael,

On 30/09/11 01:29, Raphael Simon wrote:
> Thank you Matthias. We deployed that config to production but haven't
> seen any real change... How can we tell if RabbitMQ is indeed using
> these settings?

See http://www.rabbitmq.com/configure.html#verify-configuration

When rabbit starts up it tells you what config file it is using, e.g.

+---+   +---+
|   |   |   |
|   |   |   |
|   |   |   |
|   +---+   +-------+
|                   |
| RabbitMQ  +---+   |
|           |   |   |
| v%%VSN%%  +---+   |
|                   |
+-------------------+
AMQP 0-9-1 / 0-9 / 0-8
Copyright (C) 2007-2011 VMware, Inc.
Licensed under the MPL.  See http://www.rabbitmq.com/

node           : rabbit at i
app descriptor :
/home/matthias/projects/rabbitmq-umbrella/rabbitmq-server/scripts/../ebin/rabbit.app
home dir       : /home/matthias
config file(s) : (none)
cookie hash    : FtUD/+++wj4PBf6gRlNEsA==
log            : /tmp/rabbit at i.log
sasl log       : /tmp/rabbit at i-sasl.log
database dir   : /tmp/rabbitmq-rabbit-mnesia
erlang version : 5.8.4

Note the "config files" line above - in your case that should contain
the filename of the config file.

Matthias.