[rabbitmq-discuss] acks from temporary queues

gneeri gneeri at gmail.com
Thu Sep 22 20:22:50 BST 2011

I apologize if this is an ill-informed question: In a nutshell, the
thing I am trying to accomplish is blocking a producer until it has
received acks (or even nacks) from all consumers on temporary queues
bound to a given (fanout) exchange for a single message. From the
docs, my sense is that using confirms and waitForConfirms would be
preferable to full on transactions, but as each instance of the
producer will be on its own thread, I am open to using transactions.
The main point of confusion for me here is whether I can get multiple
acks (from all consumers) for one message without having any prior
information about the number of queues attached to the exchange. That
is, I don't just want to know that one queue has received the message,
but that all queues bound to the exchange have done so. It seems clear
that if I send one message per attached queue, I could create a set of
seqNos and check against that to verify acks for all of the messages,
but without a list of bound queues (which I cannot see how to get),
that does not seem like an option. In any case, it seems likely that
there is something that I am missing here. That said, I would
appreciate any thoughts (or even clarifying questions) on this.

Thanks,
Jonathan