[rabbitmq-discuss] Streaming Lightweight Publisher Confirms ?

Eugene Kirpichov ekirpichov at gmail.com
Wed Sep 21 07:07:10 BST 2011

Hi,
A confirm means "Server has reliably stored your message and you can
stop worrying about whether or not it will survive a server crash". It
has absolutely nothing to do with consumer acks.
I hope this answers both of your questions.

On Wed, Sep 21, 2011 at 9:27 AM, sam_mis <sameek at arosys.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I want to make sure using channel confirmation.i have following question
> using Streaming Lightweight Publisher Confirms:
>
> 1.if publish send message from queue and consumer doesn't return any
> acknowledgement in this case broker what to do?
>
> 2. if broker is restart or crash in this period,it can store the
> unacknowledged message and resend to consumer.
>
> Thanks
> --

Eugene Kirpichov
Principal Engineer, Mirantis Inc. http://www.mirantis.com/