[rabbitmq-discuss] .NET Client - IModel.Close completes but the model is never actually shut down.

Eugene Kirpichov ekirpichov at gmail.com
Tue Sep 20 12:29:01 BST 2011

To not provoke false worrying, I'm notifying the community that I'm
already not that sure that this is a bug in the client - might be
somewhere in my code.

I think so because examining the memory dump has shown that not even
the first line of the Close() method has been executed - the one that
subscribes to SessionShutdown.

I'll keep you tuned when I know more.

On Tue, Sep 20, 2011 at 2:49 PM, Alfonso Pantoja
<alfonso.pantoja at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Eugene,
>

> On 19 sep, 19:44, Eugene Kirpichov <ekirpic... at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> in fact the consumer remains visible in the management
>> interface for many hours after these events, holding the
>> unacknowledged message.
>
> Are you using heartbeat property for the connection?
> In my opinion using that parameter should avoid that persistent
> connection on the server.
>

> Regards,

Eugene Kirpichov
Principal Engineer, Mirantis Inc. http://www.mirantis.com/