[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ, SSL, .NET Client

Emile Joubert emile at rabbitmq.com
Tue Sep 20 09:54:37 BST 2011

Hi Jeremy,

On 19/09/11 23:15, jeremyalan wrote:
> 1. Is the key file required?

Yes.

> 2. If I wasn't given one, how do I create one from the Cert/CA files? (is it
> even possible??)

A keypair would have been generated as part of your certificate signing
request. You will need to supply this to the broker in PEM format.

> 3. Any other options?

You could try to set up SSL with a self-signed certificate in the way
documented here:

http://www.rabbitmq.com/ssl.html

Once you have that working you will have a point of reference to make
comparisons of all the files necessary to establish SSL connections.

-Emile