[rabbitmq-discuss] Fwd: RabbitMQ crashing on Windows

Emile Joubert emile at rabbitmq.com
Wed Sep 14 17:09:16 BST 2011

Hi Juarez,

Op 14/09/11 16:23, het Juarez Bochi geskryf:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks for the tip, but I don't believe that would help... I'm using
> Windows, not Linux.

It is possible that short vs long hostnames are not relevant to your
situation. The suggestion was based on a guess, because there is not
enough information to answer your question.

You can normally edit C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\hosts and get
similar results to editing /etc/hosts on Unix if you want to see whether
that helps.

> I don't if the following info is relevant, but this is what I got from
> the Event Viewer:

The information in the rabbit broker logfile would be more useful,
because rabbit does not log to the system event log. You will find the
logfiles in the %RABBITMQ_LOG_BASE% folder (normally under
%APPDATA%\RabbitMQ).

> The erl_crash.dump always starts with something like this:
> =erl_crash_dump:0.1
> Tue Sep 13 21:17:21 2011
> Slogan: Kernel pid terminated (application_controller)
> ({application_terminated,kernel,shutdown})

Unfortunately these dump files are rarely of any use. The most useful
information is lost by the time they get generated. Please let use know
if you find any relevant information from the time of the crash in the
rabbit logfile instead. If you can determine whether any event triggers
the crash that will also help.

-Emile