[rabbitmq-discuss] SockJS protocol documentation?

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Wed Sep 14 13:32:22 BST 2011

On 14/09/11 12:31, Michael Bridgen wrote:
>>> Will the canonical implementation
>>> always be Node.js-based?
>>
>> Given that SockJS arose from use of Socket.io, it made sense to
>> present it in a way that the Node.js folks could use.
>>
>> Another obvious implementation opportunity is a RabbitMQ plugin. That
>> would be in erlang. Simon is looking in this..
>
> I rather hope he's not. Implementing it as a rabbit plugin would make it
> useless for anyone else, while gaining absolutely nothing.

Just to be clear, I want a non-rabbit-specific Erlang implementation
which future Rabbit plugins can then use, much as we use mochiweb and
webmachine now.

Currently I don't have anything to show though, although that will
hopefully change.

If anyone is interested in helping, now would be a good time to shout!

Cheers, Simon

--
Simon MacMullen
RabbitMQ, VMware