[rabbitmq-discuss] SockJS protocol documentation?

Alexis Richardson alexis at rabbitmq.com
Wed Sep 14 08:50:01 BST 2011

On Wed, Sep 14, 2011 at 4:52 AM, Michael Klishin
<michael.s.klishin at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi! I hope SocksJS questions appropriate for this mailing list.

Yes :-)

> I am looking at SocksJS and like many things about it. Is there any
> documentation on the protocol itself or should I
> just read the source and ask questions?

I think Marek is the best guy to respond but let me have a try...

Have you checked the two pages on GH?

https://github.com/majek/sockjs-node
https://github.com/majek/sockjs-client

> Will the canonical implementation
> always be Node.js-based?

Given that SockJS arose from use of Socket.io, it made sense to
present it in a way that the Node.js folks could use.

Another obvious implementation opportunity is a RabbitMQ plugin.  That
would be in erlang.  Simon is looking in this..

> What's RabbitMQ team's
> take on people going ahead and implementing SocksJS server on the JVM, in
> Ruby and so on?

I think that would be great.

Have you looked at node.x?  That might be a good place to do some hacking....

https://github.com/purplefox/node.x