[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ 2.6.1 is released

Toby Corkindale toby.corkindale at strategicdata.com.au
Wed Sep 14 05:04:33 BST 2011

On 14/09/11 13:39, Michael Klishin wrote:
> 2011/9/14 Toby Corkindale <toby.corkindale at strategicdata.com.au
> <mailto:toby.corkindale at strategicdata.com.au>>
>
>     Is there any intention to package up things like rabbitmq-stomp,
>     rabbitmq-common, rabbitmq-erlang-client, etc too?
>     (They're available on Ubuntu)
>

> This is a question for RabbitMQ team membersbut I definitely would like
> to see plugins distributed as .deb packages.
> Current way of installing them is just painful to automate around and
> requires manual maintenance even on point releases.
> There has to be a better way in late 2011.

Yeah, it's a bigger problem than people realise, perhaps, due to the
requirement to match versions between plugins and the main package.

Eg. If we put the RabbitMQ apt repo into our sources.list, then
sysadmins will update the package automatically.. but if the plugins are
manually installed (or installed via puppet from a fixed set) then
that'll break.

Toby