[rabbitmq-discuss] Load Balancing Consumers

Uday Subbarayan uday.subbarayan at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 8 15:18:51 BST 2011

Hello All,
         I have a need to load balance consumers on a queue. I saw a similar thread last month-
http://lists.rabbitmq.com/pipermail/rabbitmq-discuss/2011-August/014533.html

My requirements are little different. Publisher ----> sends messages ---> Queue <------ 1 or more consumers listens on this queue.

All my consumers are the same application. I need to load balance(simple round robin) the consumers so that my load gets distributed. For example if i have 2 consumers and publishers sends 2 messages to the queue, message 1 should go to consumer 1 and message 2 should to consumer 2 and this logic repeats.

Any idea/thoughts how i can achieve this in Rabbit MQ?

Thanks,
-Uday.