[rabbitmq-discuss] active/active HA and publishers/consumers

Matthew Sackman matthew at rabbitmq.com
Thu Sep 8 14:33:57 BST 2011

On Thu, Sep 08, 2011 at 06:28:59AM -0700, John Lemp wrote:

> I have read http://www.rabbitmq.com/ha.html several times but the only
> specifics I see regarding client behavior is to use Consumer
> Cancellation Notifications to re-consume from the queue, but can't
> find any recommendations/example/best practices on how the client
> should locate the new master?

The client shouldn't care. The point of a cluster is to have one logical
broker spread over several machines. All resources are available from
all machines. Unless you're hitting performance issues, you shouldn't
care which node to connect to: the nodes in the cluster will correctly
forward traffic around.

Matthew