[rabbitmq-discuss] Publish on a queue, then Monitor on a reply queue, with only 1 connection to the RabbitMQ server? Non-blocking?

Christopher Lefevre CLefevre at Transparent.com
Tue Sep 6 14:33:40 BST 2011

Hello,
I have a probably very simple problem that I can't seem to get working. I'm trying to get a SelectConnection to connect to RabbitMQ, publish a message on Queue1, and then monitor Queue2 on the same connection for the reply. The on_queue_declared function I'm using currently publishes the message to Queue1, then sets up a monitor on Queue2, but the message isn't getting picked up.

Though I also wanted it to be non-blocking so the website isn't stuck waiting for the reply, but rather can be updated as needed. Currently, I can get it to work if there is a pause, like when stepping through the program in a debugger, but when it runs without myself stepping through, it simply hangs when the queue is created and the message is never picked up.

Currently implementing this solution in Python.

Thank you for your time,
-Christopher Lefevre

The information contained in this electronic message and any attached document(s) is intended only for the personal and confidential use of the designated recipients named above. This message may be confidential. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have received this document in error, and that any review, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify sender immediately by telephone (603) 262-6300 or by electronic mail immediately. Thank you.