[rabbitmq-discuss] Unable to manage Service after log off

max at haventon.se max at haventon.se
Fri Sep 2 12:46:10 BST 2011

Reinstalling the service helped.

I get the following output when the service is started:

node           : rabbit at HOST
app descriptor : c:/Program Files/RabbitMQ Server/rabbitmq_server-2.5.1/sbin/../ebin/rabbit.app
home dir       : C:\WINDOWS
config file(s) : c:/RabbitHome/rabbitmq.config
cookie hash    : zTZa14A3pDxcfHm3E+Hbqw==
log            : c:/RabbitHome/log/rabbit at HOST.log
sasl log       : c:/RabbitHome/log/rabbit at HOST -sasl.log
database dir   : c:/RabbitHome/db/rabbit at HOST -mnesia
erlang version : 5.8.4

The cookie hash is the same as when I run the failed rabbitmqctl status:

>>rabbitmqctl status
Status of node rabbit at HOST...
Error: unable to connect to node rabbit at HOST: nodedown
diagnostics:
- nodes and their ports on HOST: [{rabbitmqctl26790,1262}]
- current node: rabbitmqctl26790 at HOST
- current node home dir: C:\Documents and Settings\username
- current node cookie hash: zTZa14A3pDxcfHm3E+Hbqw==

The Service's log doesn't show anything at all when the failed connection attempt is made. Also note that the Service's node is not listed in the list of nodes.

Note that I'm using Remote Desktop to connect to HOST.

BR
Max