[rabbitmq-discuss] Unable to manage Service after log off

max at haventon.se max at haventon.se
Fri Sep 2 09:45:01 BST 2011

Hi,

I'm experiencing a rather strange issue with the RabbitMQ Windows Service.

>>rabbitmq-service start
Erlsrc: Service RabbitMQ started.

>>rabbitmqctl status
Status of node rabbit at HOST ...
[{pid,5260},
{running_applications,
     [{rabbitmq_shovel,"Data Shovel for RabbitMQ","2.5.1"},

If I now log off from the machine, and then log in again I get:

>>rabbitmqctl status
Status of node rabbit at HOST ...
Error: unable to connect to node rabbit at HOST: nodedown

However, the Service is still running and working as normal. It's possible to recreate this from a remote machine as well:

OTHERHOST>>rabbitmqctl status -n rabbit at HOST
Status of node rabbit at HOST ...
[{pid,5260},
{running_applications,
     [{rabbitmq_shovel,"Data Shovel for RabbitMQ","2.5.1"},

Log off from HOST

OTHERHOST>>rabbitmqctl status -n rabbit at HOST
Status of node rabbit at HOST ...
Error: unable to connect to node rabbit at HOST: nodedown

I've synchronized the .erlang.cookie according to http://groups.google.com/group/rabbitmq-discuss/msg/5bbad24be82583d5 (OTHERHOST and HOST as well as the different directories (c:\Windows for Service, c:\Users\user\ for rabbitmqctl).

The logs at HOST are not showing anything when the connection attempt is made.

Once re-logged in, restarting the Service in Admin Tools/Services lets me use rabbitmqctl status again.

Best Regards
Max