[rabbitmq-discuss] rabbitmq-server ignoring /etc/rabbitmq/rabbitmq-env.conf

Raymond Barlow mrraymondbarlow at gmail.com
Thu Oct 27 23:31:52 BST 2011

Hi,

After a day of pain, I finally managed to get rabbitmq installed, via
homebrew, on my mac (lion).

Now, I'm having trouble with starting the server. It hangs (I guess trying
to resolve the hostname). If I ctrl-c during the hang, the broker seems to
start anyway.

So, I thought I'd add NODENAME=localhost to /etc/rabbitmq/rabbitmq-env.conf
(as suggested in other posts).
But, even after I have created this file, and put the above in it,
rabbitmq-server still fails connect (just hangs).

If I ctrl-c, the broker still starts, and it shows that it hasn't picked up
the config file (I think):

+---+   +---+
|   |   |   |
|   |   |   |
|   |   |   |
|   +---+   +-------+
|                   |
| RabbitMQ  +---+   |
|           |   |   |
|   v2.6.1  +---+   |
|                   |
+-------------------+
AMQP 0-9-1 / 0-9 / 0-8
Copyright (C) 2007-2011 VMware, Inc.
Licensed under the MPL.  See http://www.rabbitmq.com/

node           : rabbit at agentdarkbooty
app descriptor :
/usr/local/Cellar/rabbitmq/2.6.1/lib/rabbitmq/erlang/lib/rabbitmq-2.6.1/ebin/rabbit.app
home dir       : /Users/rbarlow
config file(s) : (none)
(etc)

Any suggestions?