[rabbitmq-discuss] Durable Queue

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Thu Oct 27 11:31:04 BST 2011

On 27/10/11 07:40, Gil Strauss wrote:
> I have an a durable exchange and a queue that is bound to it in the
> publisher code which its also defined as durable.
>
> What will be the behavior if I'll bind a non durable queue with that
> exchange in the subscriber code in a case the exchange's server fails?

The transient queue will be removed if the server it is on fails.

If we're talking about a cluster, then the exchange does not live on any
one node; it lives on all of them.

If we're not talking about a cluster, then the exchange's server is by
definition the same as the transient queue's server and so the queue
will be removed.

Cheers, Simon

--
Simon MacMullen