[rabbitmq-discuss] getting authentication failure Exception?

Emile Joubert emile at rabbitmq.com
Tue Oct 25 17:01:39 BST 2011

Hi Thadeu,

On 20/10/11 17:22, Thadeu Russo wrote:
> Hi, I could make it work with a simple approach, but I think this is
> something that requires some attention from the rabbitmq dev team.
>
> My computers were connected using a wireless router that had no
> connection to the internet. I assume it was giving me 'fake' ips. When
> I plugged the internet cable everything was working fine. So here is
> my question to rabbitmq dev team: Is rabbitmq not accepting 'fake' ip
> addresses?

RabbitMQ treats private IP addresses (RFC1918) the same way as any other
IP address. You should have no problem using public or private addresses.

If you required an internet connection then you were possibly relying on
a DNS server. Try adding entries to the hosts file or using IP numbers
instead.

Emile