[rabbitmq-discuss] Rabbitmq & Expiration basic property, is it implemented/working and what's the format?

Alex P oleksandr.petrov at gmail.com
Fri Oct 21 18:14:22 BST 2011

Hi,

While working on docs for one of Rabbimq libs, I stumbled upon the
BasicProperties, but I can't seem to find the answer for that, since all the
information available dated last year or even a couple of years ago.

That's what's said on Rabbimq FAQ page (
https://dev.rabbitmq.com/wiki/FrequentlyAskedQuestions):
Does Rabbitmq support the expiration property on Basic.Publish?
No, not for the 0-8 spec, because the definition is ambiguous and the format
not clearly defined. Hopefully this will corrected in 0-9 SP1.

Is it still relevant? I couldn't find much information about that header in
spec (unfortunately). What's the best way to handle that? If there's an
example in any language, i'd be really happy to see it.

Thanks!