[rabbitmq-discuss] BrokerUnrechableException after sending 16366 messages

James Carr james.r.carr at gmail.com
Fri Oct 21 16:14:01 BST 2011

One "newb" mistake I often see when devs are initially testing out our
dev cluster is they open a connection for each message they send
rather than opening one connection and re-using it. This will quickly
use up all the connections on the box and rabbitmq will begin refusing
additional requests to connect.

Once you have one connection and multiplex multiple channels, you
shouldn't see such problems. We've pushed upwards of 10,000 messges
per second so far on a single box and it hasn't missed a beat. :)

Thanks,
James