[rabbitmq-discuss] Shovel Plugin For HA

James Carr james.r.carr at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 15:24:05 BST 2011

Thanks, I tried it and it works advertised, but I feel like I may have
misunderstood it.

I've set it up and have messages published to a local exchange being
routed to an exchange on a central broker. however when the central
broker is down there's no local queuing of messages until it comes
back up.

Of course, maybe I am just designing my topology wrong. Maybe instead
of separate exchanges per application I should just have one exchange,
shoveled out to the remote exchange and then multiple queues bound to
that exchange. The exchange per app was going to make things
heavyweight with the shovel plugin since I'd have to restart local
brokers for each new exchange, but with a single exchange, single
local queue and multiple remote queues might make things more
effecient.

Maybe the federation plugin includes a backing queue that can be
switched on or am I  missing something?

Thanks,
James