[rabbitmq-discuss] Connection remains valid but disappears from rabbitmqctl list_connections & RMQ Admin HTTP Interface

Matt Gurney - Cloud Integration matt at cloud-integrations.com
Wed Oct 19 11:28:21 BST 2011

I was doing some testing today and I noticed that dormant connections
disappear from the rabbitmqctl list_connections & the RMQ Admin HTTP
Interface screen.

If I create a new connection, model, exchange, queue and send a message,
then sleep for 30 seconds typically after about 10 seconds I will see the
connection disappear from the rabbitmqctl list_connections & the RMQ Admin
HTTP Interface screen. If the application then sends another message, the
connection is still valid and the message is delivered. Is this expected
behaviour.

Thanks,

Matt.