[rabbitmq-discuss] getting authentication failure Exception?

Thadeu Russo thadeurc at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 01:05:34 BST 2011

Hello,

I am facing the same problem. Here are some details about it:

1- Both computers have the firewall off (I am using Ubuntu 11 in both)
2- The log says 'accepting connection'; 'starting connection' and then
a handshake error caused by a timeout. I assume the server is not
receiving the response from the client for the handshake.

It is really weird cause it was working pretty fine a couple weeks
ago. Also, I am sure there is no network issue. If I start the
rabbitmq server in a single node and try to connect with a simple java
client using localhost it works fine. When I use the ip address of the
node it bombs. Additionally, using network tools from remote nodes to
scan the open ports in the rabbitmq node, I can 'see' the port 5672 as
an open port. The same problem happens in Mac OS too.

I did a big investigation over the internet where I found other people
complaining about this problem but no solution. Any help is really
appreciated.

Thanks in advance,