[rabbitmq-discuss] Fail to run the broker as a service or app - erl_crash.dump is created every time

rasadoll rasadoll at gmail.com
Mon Oct 17 17:07:15 BST 2011

Hello,
I have installation issue on a VM (windows platform) using rabbitmq
2.6.x and erlang 5.8.4 or 5.8.5, while it works very well on my local
machine.

No error is observed during the installation process but when I try to
start the service, run it as an application or even running any batch
file in sbin folder an erl_crash.dump is created with the following
error message.

=erl_crash_dump:0.1
Fri Oct 14 17:03:57 2011
Slogan: Kernel pid terminated (application_controller)
({application_start_failure,kernel,{shutdown,{kernel,start,[normal,
[]]}}})
System version: Erlang R14B04 (erts-5.8.5) [rq:1] [async-threads:0]

There is no name conflict as no other instance of RabbitMQ is running.

I install and run rabbitmq with an administrator user.

Thanks for your help

Reza