[rabbitmq-discuss] Debugging queue.declare

Pieter de Zwart pdezwart at rubiconproject.com
Thu Oct 13 01:51:00 BST 2011

I am trying to add support for queue.declare arguments in the PHP PECL extension. I have managed to get it to work for x-ha-policy, but x-expires is stumping me. When I try to declare a brand new queue with the x-ha-policy, it works: command returns success and I see the queue in the rabbitmqctl list_queues listing:

!dude002:~/src/pecl/amqp/trunk$ sudo /usr/sbin/rabbitmqctl list_queues name arguments
queue1318463573   [{"x-ha-policy",<<"all">>}]

However, if I replace x-ha-policy with x-expires in the arguments declaration, the queue declaration succeeds (function response is AMQP_RESPONSE_NORMAL) but the queue does not show up in the broker queue listing. The rabbitmq logs show nothing… well, they show that I connected and then disconnected. Nothing else of interest. I don’t know if this is because I am doing something wrong with passing arguments with int values instead of strings (debugging shows the appropriate struct values, but I could be missing something) or because I am doing some other random thing wrong.

How can I debug this behavior? Must I use the Java tools listed here: http://www.rabbitmq.com/examples.html#tracer

Thanks,
Pieter