[rabbitmq-discuss] Hands-Free Configuration

SixDegrees paulcarlisle at comcast.net
Tue Oct 11 22:28:55 BST 2011

All of the examples I've seen for using RabbitMQ show the vhost, user and
permissions being set using rabbitmqctl at the command line. I'm not clear
on whether these setting persist across machine reboots or service restarts;
they don't seems to, although its possible I managed to muck something else
up while checking.

In any case, is it possible to configure these settings and any others
needed by way of a configuration file that would be read when RabbitMQ is
started? We will ultimately be clustering several machines, and resetting
all of these by hand each time something cycles is not going to work well in
a production environment.