[rabbitmq-discuss] erl.exe crashing occasionally

Matthias Radestock matthias at rabbitmq.com
Tue Oct 11 09:18:56 BST 2011

On 09/10/11 08:28, Nadavgg wrote:
> I am running RabbitMQ on a single server and here is an error I get
> [...]
> Slogan: eheap_alloc: Cannot allocate 10517700 bytes of memory (of type
> "heap").
> [...]
> =memory
> total: 136084752
 > [...]
> Does it mean I lack the memory to allocate more mem-space to the rabbit?

Rabbit is using 136MB of memory and failed to allocate an additional
10MB. Are you running rabbit in a very memory constrained environment?
What memory limit does rabbit report in its logs?

Rabbit should in fact run ok with little memory, but its ability to cope
with high loads and spikes is severely compromised in such a setting and
the default value of the memory threshold
(http://www.rabbitmq.com/admin-guide.html#memsup-usage) might need lowering.

Regards,

Matthias.